Chapala.com Webboard

suspicious email

Windstar4

Please give comments about this email:

Attention:org Email User

We are upgrading our database storage facility without shutting down the

old Server(NT06717) to a new and better Server(NT21766),hence the reason

for the request and notification.

We apologize for any inconvenience this will cause our respected email users.

You are to fill the details below to enable us upgrade and verify from the

old server.It is secure and safe and you can change your information 72 hours after

you receive email from us of confirmation.

FILL THE DETAILS BELOW OR ANYWHERE IN THE MAIL

Username :

Password :

Address :

City :

Attention!!! Account owner that does not update his or her account within

a given period of time after receiving this Notification will make most of

our services to you inactive.

Thank you for using our org Email

Hey, if you answer, maybe you'll get one of those Nigerian guys offering to share the 10 million he has if you will send him ten grand to help handle the transfer.

:)

The sad thing is I see fools, yes I SHOUT FOOLS, who fall for this scan over and over again. Sadly I know one person, who has fallen for this Nigerian scam at least 3 times. He keeps on phoning asking to borrow money. I finally had to lie to him and I said I had no more funds because I too had fallen for this scam. And he answered, that the email he got isn't a scam, he could tell.

I really feel sorry for this guy. How can one keep on falling for this scam over and over again?

A bit OT [seems to be my speciality] but related.

There is an email doing the rounds very vigorously recently - I must have received it at least 7 times from locations all over the world, so I assume that many of you folks have been recipients.

It has pictures of a young Iranian boy, having his arm crushed under a car as a deliberate punishment for stealing a loaf of bread, along with a plea to circulate the email as much as possible so that people can be made aware of the atrocities being committed in Iran "in the name of Allah"

and other anti Muslim blurb. This appears in both English script and what many would assume to be some kind of Arabic/Middle Eastern type.

In reality, it is a kind of carnival stunt [and of course it is dreadful that an 8 year old is being used to perform the trick] - you can see similar stunts in Vegas[Penn and Teller I believe] and the email neglects to show you the final 2 pictures that show the boy unharmed, at the end of the show. It also neglects to mention that Sharia law is not applied to children who have not reached puberty.The script is actually Hebrew.

I am no fan of fundamentalist religions,or medieval laws, but even less so of blatant and misleading hatred inciting propaganda.

o,you can't believe everything that pops up on the screen, there a couple of verification sites - hoax-slayer and snopes[?] that are good to check out things that make you go "hmmn".

Archived