Chapala.com Webboard

When does the time change in Mexico?

thevalerieleigh

Does anyone know when the time changes an hour? The last couple of times, it's been different from the U.S. for a few weeks and I am curious to know when it happens here in Mexico.

Thanks!

Valerie :D

It is the last Sunday in September which is October 31st. This is correct for all of Mexico except the states that border the US. They will change on the 7th of November so that they are in synch with the US. Sinaloa does not observe daylight savings time so there is no change.

It is the last Sunday in September which is October 31st. This is correct for all of Mexico except the states that border the US. They will change on the 7th of November so that they are in synch with the US. Sinaloa does not observe daylight savings time so there is no change.

I'm sorry, but I must be missing something here.

..... Sinaloa does not observe daylight savings time so there is no change.

Sinaloa (including Mazatlan) observes DST.

Maybe you meant Sonora. Sonora does not observe DST, because of its proximity to AZ, which also does not observe DST. A bit of trivia...the Navajo Nation (Indian Reservation) in AZ, does observe DST.

My Mexican Enrique Velasquez calendar shows the date to be October 24. He's always been correct in the dates he puts on the calendar.

Sorry everyone! My error - not Enrique's!!! I didn't translate "Horario de Verano termina" correctly when I posted the other day!

I'm glad others provided the correct answer!

Archived