Chapala.com Webboard

Breakfast in Ajijic

ontario94

My wife and I are renting a house when we come for our 3rd visit, instead of a B&B as our previous 2 were.

Wondering if there are any good breakfast spots within walking distance of the plaza.

name and address or directions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

My wife and I are renting a house when we come for our 3rd visit, instead of a B&B as our previous 2 were.

Wondering if there are any good breakfast spots within walking distance of the plaza.

name and address or directions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

The restaurant on the plaza is a popular spot for breakfast with many.

Roberto's has the reputation for the best Sunday Brunch. It's about 2 blocks up Colon from the Plaza, turn left on the Carretera and two blocks up on your right.

60's in Paradise on Hidalgo just about half a block from the Plaza serves breakfast all day. I think they have a pretty good sized menu including egg dishes and sweets like pancakes/french toast and the place is always so clean and pleasant.

Enjoy!

Valerie :D

Secret Garden. Very nice healthy and flavorful menu with lovely ambiance. Try their Huevos Cubanos...yum yum! Secret Garden is located on Hidalgo, less than 1/2 block west of Colon (thus 1/2 block to the Ajijic Plaza)on the south side of the street. Almost next door to 60's in Paradise. Closed on Wednesday.

Great breakfasts at Early Bird Cafe on Ocampo at Colon. I don't have address, but just a couple of blocks below the square toward the lake. Across the street from Manix. Next to Heidi's Fashions.

I think the Early Bird Cafe is the best, But it's not at Colon. It's on Ocampo opposite and half-block east of Manix, 2 1/2 blocks west of Colon and the plaza.

I would second the vote for David's on Hidalgo, west of the plaza. The food and service is very good and the prices are extremely reasonable.

Archived