Chapala.com Webboard

Playground for dogs in Chapala

• 2 weeks later...

Chapala has another dog park in Mirasol.  Clean, friendly dogs and people.  On the far West end, not fenced but very little traffic. Lots of room for dogs to play and chase a ball.

19 hours ago, sunnyvmx said:

Chapala has another dog park in Mirasol.  Clean, friendly dogs and people.  On the far West end, not fenced but very little traffic. Lots of room for dogs to play and chase a ball.

Actually, this is not a "dog park" - it is a park that is maintained and paid for by the residents of Mirasol. Our neighborhood is having lots of problems with dog owners/walkers who don't live here, but walk their dogs here and are not responsibly picking up after them or being respectful to property owners. If this is you, take yourself and your dogs somewhere else!! Thanks.

Sorry, but there is NO dog park in Mirasol. It is simply a vacant lot.

I am a resident of Mirasol, and I can speak for my neighbors when I say that as a neighborhood, we are dismayed by the number of outsiders who come into our Fracc to walk their dogs, and let their dogs run off leash ( which most residents do not), and leashed or not, often make piles of poop which the owners do NOT pick up.

Beware. The lot is not as big as it looks, and can be dangerous to those who do not know the lay of the land.

There is a GIANT hole that takes up almost 1/2 of the lot, apparently intended long ago for a swimming pool. It is overgrown and hidden by thick brush. If you don't know where it is, you could easily take a bad tumble into a deep hole with big rocks and lots of thorny bushes.

It is NOT an approved dog park, but just an empty lot in our neighborhood.

• Thanks 2

Mirasol has not been a fracc for a long time. It's a lovely vacant lot and a resident told me it was an open park for dogs to run free and enjoy. Everyone was picking up after their dogs. My dogs love it. I can understand why those in the neighborhood would want to keep OUTSIDERS out.

True enough about being an official Fracc. We are, however, a distinct neighborhood and we are NOT the location of a dog park sanctioned by the city of Chapala. If they ever decide to make the empty lot into a dog park, they will certainly let us know and publicize it as they did the new one on the malecon.  

Whatever the resident told you, he/she was wrong. It is simply an empty lot in our neighborhood, and people do NOT pick up after their dogs. We are constantly watching out for piles of poop, picking up litter left by people and workers having meals there and leaving food trash and paper and beer bottles behind. It is NOT a park, much less a dog park!

Story was that it had been purchased, but I have no info on that. I do know that if it isn't owned by an entity, it still belongs to Chapala. That however, doesn't make it "public land," and someone cannot simply declare it a Public Dog Park.

• Like 1