Chapala.com Webboard

Brownsville Tx

RickS

I just found this on another website.  Reminded me of someone else posting here:

My wife and I recently emigrated from the US to a country where there are a lot of US "expats" and the amount of anti-immigrant sentiment we've heard from them is astonishing. And the irony is completely lost on them.

We were visiting to tie up loose ends before our final move and met one such couple from Boulder, CO. They gave off heavy "we're rich and you should be in awe of that" vibes. We asked why they wanted to leave Boulder and the wife said something along the lines of, "There's just a lot of people moving into Boulder lately and causing all sorts of trouble. You know how brown people are."

In moments like that, I always wish I could come up with a good retort or say something poignant, but my wife and I just looked at each other and walked away.”

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

I just found this on another website.  Reminded me of someone else posting here:

My wife and I recently emigrated from the US to a country where there are a lot of US "expats" and the amount of anti-immigrant sentiment we've heard from them is astonishing. And the irony is completely lost on them.

We were visiting to tie up loose ends before our final move and met one such couple from Boulder, CO. They gave off heavy "we're rich and you should be in awe of that" vibes. We asked why they wanted to leave Boulder and the wife said something along the lines of, "There's just a lot of people moving into Boulder lately and causing all sorts of trouble. You know how brown people are."

In moments like that, I always wish I could come up with a good retort or say something poignant, but my wife and I just looked at each other and walked away.”

Why would they move to mexico of they are racists? That makes no sense at all.