Chapala.com Webboard

Traumatized Cat

One of my cats appears to have been traumatized in some way. I know he was involved in a bad fight a couple of weeks ago. Now he is very clingy, very restless and seems nervous. I now have to lock him up in order to get some sleep at night. I'm not a cat expert. My other two cats seem fine, but his behavior has certainly changed. Any suggestions?

TIA

Well, locking him up won't help him when he;s obviously upset and gotten clingy. He's clingly because he's upset about something and needs some soothing. Can you give him some extra attention? Can he sleep with you instead of being "locked up" somewhere? Can you ask a vet for a mild tranquillizer? Poor guy. . .

Lexy

15 hours ago, Lexy said:

Well, locking him up won't help him when he;s obviously upset and gotten clingy. He's clingly because he's upset about something and needs some soothing. Can you give him some extra attention? Can he sleep with you instead of being "locked up" somewhere? Can you ask a vet for a mild tranquillizer? Poor guy. . .

Lexy

I give him loads of attention, but the problem is if I let him into my bedroom I won't get any sleep. He's either grooming me or wanting to go outside, then back in again, repeatedly. I probably should have mentioned that he's an indoor/outdoor cat. He normally stays indoors at night. I lock him up in my laundry room, where there is a litter box, food and water.

• Thanks 1