Chapala.com Webboard

For layer of soap or ??? scum:  red liquid in 1 L  container. (rubber gloves!!!)    Limpiazulejo  Solprac 3   ( there are other forms---- must be THREE).  Cleans tile and grout like a darn.  Sometimes after you apply ( small paintbrush works well) and let sit for a bit, you can scrub it off with a stiff brush.  If not, sometimes you need a bit of  very fine sandpaper.  Tiles, grout, shower stalls. toilets and porcelain sinks ( mineral layer), etc.  

I had to get my last bottle on Mercado Libre becasue the ferreteria in San Antonio ( by iShop) had a generic brand.  But I showed my new bottle to her (already knew it was the best from previous one) and she showed me on next visit she has it now too.

Who knows..... if you try this, you might not need to go any further 🤞

Rubber gloves and mask too. I could not find the ingredients for Solprac 3 but suspect it should NOT be used if you have a septic tank.  Tip off was having to protect chrome fixtures so I suspect it contains muriatic acid. Removes saltpeter and moisture (solprac.com)

WD40 and let it sit for 15 minutes, then use the BLACK sandpaper that has been dunked in water to scrub. Rustoleum tub and tile refinisher available on Amazon Mexico but it only comes in white. WD40 can also be used on the chrome fixtures and tiles to prevent further build up. Smell goes away pretty quickly. I think I would put some old towels down that can be thrown away to prevent the residual stuff from getting into the septic system (if you have one).

I understand the need for someone else to do this but I thought it might help if you knew what to expect and all the steps and timing involved. However, if you find someone who will do this, PLEASE post that information. T.I.A. I want to do this on my kitchen countertop.

I stand corrected. You CAN change the colour! This lady did it... 

This guy changed his entire bathroom with the ugliest tile I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Rubber gloves and mask too. I could not find the ingredients for Solprac 3....... I suspect it contains muriatic acid.

Yes to rubber gloves, of course.  Mask totally not needed. "Suspect" all you want.... but here are the ingredients ( translated from bottle label):

Sulfuman ( which is hydrochloric acid.... and which sometimes  can contain traces of hydrogen fluoride), sodium benzene lauryl sulphate, fixing agent, scent, and color.    The sandpaper recommended by my plumber and also the ferreteria is nearly black, A-99  400 SIC. 

I do agree.... try it on a small area first.  But I've never had a problem with it

• Like 1