Chapala.com Webboard

First time Mexican car insurance

Finally found a Jalisco plated car that met my needs that wasn't stolen, had no overdue tickets, VIN and license plate number showed up correctly, original factura and correctly done ownership transfers, etc.

Decided to continue to insure with Andre Bellon and use Qualitas insurance.

Was pleasantly surprised to find that not only is my agent right here, but Qualitas has a full office in Chapala, all body work etc. is done here in lakeside with no need to go to Guadalajara for anything and there are English speakers available at every step of the way during a claim.

Now, if I could just figure out what my insurance policy says.

Go back to Bellon and ask for details. OR go on line and see if you can google an English translation.

That's what I did for the owner's manual of my new Nissan (bought here) so I could read the really important points in English (yes, I speak Spanish, but am a DUNCE at reading any kind of instructions that get "technical or electrical" in ANY language.....)

I have Qualitas and when I had my accident the claims guy came from Guadalajara. They are not employed by Qualitas but freelance and are paid for each case that they handle. I did have to take my car into Guadalajara for the necessary repairs.

I was pleased with Qualitas and renewed with them again.

Archived