Chapala.com Webboard

e-reader charger

protekme

Okay, now that I have my e-reader working (happy about it too), I realized that I should have a charger instead of using my computer. It's a nuisance, especially when having to use my laptop on vacation.

Is there anywhere in Mexico (in Guad) where I could buy the charger for it compatible with Kindle e-reader. Amazon has it, but I've never ordered anything online and, and even if I get someone to help me, I'm afraid it won't get her.

I won't go to Canada for a while so I'm hopeful I can buy it n Mexico.

I bought the adaptor plug at the tiangus- One end plugs into the outlet on the wall- the other end has the opening for your Kindle cord that came with your e-reader- also available on Sunday on Parroquia by the street vendors by San Andres church. It was 20 pesos.

maw

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm so relieved. As they don't sell Kindles in Mexico, I was sure I wouldn't find the adapter so easily. Even car cigarette ilghter chargers!!!

This forum is so helpful. I should always start my search here. Well, I often did. :blink:

My Samsung Camera USB charger also works for my Nexus 7 tablet and visa versa. USB chargers tend to be universal as the USB charging spec. is the same for all stuff. Its a USB standard not a laptop/camera/phone/tablet standard. Nice to have backups when traveling if you lose a power supply. This is progress in my opinion rather than the bag of chargers with all the different plugs on the end as you can never find the right one.

Cell phones are the biggest culprit. Almost everyone in the tablet world (iPads an exception, as usual) uses mini-USB connectors. These are actually smaller than the majority of mini-USB connectors for a lot of digital cameras from earlier days, but they are easy to find. Cell phones almost exclusively use/d proprietary connectors.

There's a Telcell shop in the plaza with El Torito. I bought a charger there last week. I think it was either 60 or 80P.

Wow!! Through Amazon $20.

Is it a mini USB charger, as I'm now considering "mattoleriver' question. I hope the person at the store will be able to help if I bring my e-reader for him to check it out.

Thanks everyone for your input. This is all so complicated for me. -- I've improved a lot as I did everything by myself when I set up my e-reader. It took me hours, but I've done it. :D

If it's a charging adaptor (that is, it comes with a built in AC adaptor that plugs into the wall, and you cannot disconnect the USB cable), then you need to check the output voltage and make sure it matches the input of your device (eg 6 V, 400 mamps).

However, most are just a cable with a mini USB on one end, and a regular USB on the other, which plugs into a two-pronged adaptor (and even into your PC). If that is the case, then the conversion process is perfectly acceptable.

Computer Guy, I have a small white cable with a mini USB on one end and a regular USB on the other that I plug into either my computer or laptop. I don't know about plugging into a two-pronged adaptor. That's probably what I need, right, to plug into a wall outlet. So I should be safe.

Thank you!!

Archived