Chapala.com Webboard

Good Carnitas

hensley

Just for the record,pancita,is pork belly,you know,what they make bacon out of,not an "inside meat",it's succulent,tasty and is gaining popularity in restaurants NoB.

Let me adjust my statement: I never KNOWINGLY eat "inside meat." I didn't know that bacon was made from the stomach. It's time to give up bacon anyway :-( . I did eat "bofe" (lung) in Colombia once, unknowingly, of course.

Haha. Sorry to keep everyone in suspense.

I chose the low-effort route and didn't specify which cuts of meat, just ordered enough for three people. It was very busy, the restaurant help was totally in the weeds, we had to wait for service, and we were starving. Plus, the terms they had listed on the menu board were different than the ones mentioned in this thread. The only one I recognized was costillas. I didn't want to complicate it any further since it probably would have added an extra 20 minutes to the wait. So we ended up with whatever we ended up with, a mix of lighter and darker meats. All juicy and delicious.

I tried a variety of toppings and salsas. The most interesting/different salsa (for me) was cucumbers in a very picante sauce. The beans were delicious, too. Three people, $200 pesos before tip for a 1/2 kilo, plus beans and 3 beers. It's a fine place.

I asked the woman in charge where they were from, and she said her husband was from el D.F., and she was from Colombia.

Archived