Chapala.com Webboard

seamstress

Call Cruz at 376 766-0776. She will only be at this number for another two weeks and then arrangements can be made with her son, Viicente, at 33 34 88 77 43. She is a perfectionist and has many years of experience. Possible pickup and delivery. Very reasonable prices. Curtains, alterations, hemming, etc. She can do it all.

Call Cruz at 376 766-0776. She will only be at this number for another two weeks and then arrangements can be made with her son, Viicente, at 33 34 88 77 43. She is a perfectionist and has many years of experience. Possible pickup and delivery. Very reasonable prices. Curtains, alterations, hemming, etc. She can do it all.

Thank you Gimpy and Starfire. Between the two women, I should be able to get my work done.

Rosario in chapala (spanish only)--curtains, alterations, etc. 331-763-8554.

I had Rosario do a bunch of work because she was recommended here. NEVER AGAIN.

I had curtains made with 2 different materials and they are difference lengths. I told her about it; she took them home to fix and they came back un-repaired. It is quite evident. I had many shirts taken in and instead of cutting the excess material away, she just sewed it together meaning the extra material bunched together and looks odd when wearing the shirts. I had some sheers made for 2 patio doors. 1 set is ok, the other 2 panels are different lengths.

I am now seeking a new seamstress to repair Rosario's (from Chapala) work.

Re: Rosario------she may not have understood what you wanted done (spanish only)---------i have had only positive results from her work, ie shortening pants, enlarging waist, curtains----------she also makes lovely bedspreads and colorful pillow cases. In recent weeks she was under a lot of stress since her mother was in a Guad. hospital; now recovered.

Re: Rosario------she may not have understood what you wanted done (spanish only)---------i have had only positive results from her work, ie shortening pants, enlarging waist, curtains----------she also makes lovely bedspreads and colorful pillow cases. In recent weeks she was under a lot of stress since her mother was in a Guad. hospital; now recovered.

This work was done months ago.

There was NO misunderstanding in reference to language as my maid gave her full explanation of what I wanted done.

ra27, if you want to see Rosario's faulty work, I welcome you to come see it for yourself; PM me.

Please don't diss my complaints as they are real. I've had many curtains made and clothes adjusted in my life and this was the worst work ever.

I showed a friend Rosario's work on taking in my shirts and she was surprised a seamstress would do that kind of sloppy work; she told me she could do much better and she doesn't have much skills in that line of work.

Re: Rosario--a local woman who prefers not to post on web boards wrote: "Everyone can have a different opinion of work done by anyone, including a seamstress. I have used Rosario many times with alterations and found her work with altering clothes very good. Now with curtains, i go to a person who specializes in curtains and hanging them where they can SEE where the curtains go, make the measurements exactly as you want them and hang them....with very good results. My tops, skirts, dresses, etc. with Rosario have been very satisfactory and I continue to use her." L.L., la floresta

I gave my opinion on Rosario (Chapala) and stand by it.

Rosario was here at my house and took measurements for everything.

1 clear example: brand new material, 2 sheer panels to go on 1 patio door, 2 different lengths = unacceptable. That's NOT an opinion; it's clear.

Is Alvaro Obregon, the street Cecilia is on, the street going up from the corner of Six Corners to the Carretera? If so, then I've used that Cecilia and been happy with her work. She was fast and reasonable.

Yes, that's where she lives. I would definitely go to her again.

Archived