Chapala.com Webboard

Need well equipped car mechanic

I have a 2002 Infiniti G20 that hasn't given me a minutes trouble until now. The car has a built-in alarm system with an immobilizer. The other day the immobilizer malfunctioned and now I have an enormous paper-weight in my garage. Based on recommendations on this board, I contacted Jaime Hernandez. He came right over and quickly diagnosed the problem. Not having the specific tools he called a friend who is a locksmith -- Abraham Casillas. He also came right over but was unable to unlock the system. He tried again last night without success. Abraham is now contacting a friend in GDL who does work for Nissan -- hopefully he will be able to come out and complete the necessary repairs. I'm afraid that this is no simple malfunction and that some electronics have gone belly-up.

Have I overlooked anyone locally who could tackle a weird job like this? I have the highest regard for Jaime and Abraham and will continue to work with them in the future. This is just such an unusual problem. I spoke with Ron and he doesn't have the tools but knows of someone in GDL so I may follow-up with him if Abraham's guy can't fix it.

Anybody have any ideas?

I had the same problem with an aftermarket alarm.

The car was purchased used in Texas and the alarm was already installed in the car. No manufacturer's name on the alarm and no idea where the previous owner had it installed.

We had to have the entire alarm system removed to be able to ever start the car again.

Archived