Chapala.com Webboard

Need Advice! How to entertain Grandgirls (20/22) while in Ajijic?? Help!!

but because he's not on this web I can say this...he's a pain in the ###! These girls need some adventure....the safe fun kind. We're all getting excited about the trip now.

HA.... He is going to be doing all kind of research on where his babies are going and will no doubt come across this very website and read this VERY ENTRY :ph34r:

Who? My wonderful son and perfect father? Who put that other post on here? Haha He is a great guy but sooooo many rules!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just can't thank everybody enough for all the excellent suggestions. Rainy and cold here in Sechelt today so good day to plan our trip. Hope we meet some of you around the village. Two tall girls and short granny, can't miss us!!

If I can add another suggestion to the already wide mix: I have 20-year-old daughters of good friends visit usually twice a year. They love to eat out, shop, do nails and get a massage like the best of them, but what they ask for over and over aren't the touristy/vacation-y activities: they want to taste and experience real life here. The music scene we have here is alien to what they do and listen to (I love the Tall Boys, too, but that music is totally foreign to them). I'd take Spencer up on his chaperone offer and let them go to a nice club in Guad that plays young music. See who's playing at Auditorio Telmex and see if they are interested. Locally, our girls have certain "must-haves": a stop at Los burritos de Mayahua on the way from the aiport is required (who feeds on planes nowadays?), dinner at Los Cinco Potrillos and Tango, a torta ahogada at Las Famosas, breakfast at Las Delicias and a good stroll and a Michelada on the Malecón on a Sunday... and they are now addicted to the tejuino and mangoneadas at the Ajijic tianguis and the tacos from the vender midway down. Here, they love to use their limited Spanish to feel like they belong: they touch and admire babies, make pleasantries, and try to imagine themselves "living" another life for a few days. They especially love to be invited to Mexican parties: baptisms, birthdays...I go on the prowl for invites as soon as their tickets are booked: their Facebook pages are filled with photos of them eating nopales, breaking piñatas, and holding babies of...pretty much everyone who will let them. Trip after trip, they want to "live and eat" Mexico...

If I can add another suggestion to the already wide mix: I have 20-year-old daughters of good friends visit usually twice a year. They love to eat out, shop, do nails and get a massage like the best of them, but what they ask for over and over aren't the touristy/vacation-y activities: they want to taste and experience real life here. The music scene we have here is alien to what they do and listen to (I love the Tall Boys, too, but that music is totally foreign to them). I'd take Spencer up on his chaperone offer and let them go to a nice club in Guad that plays young music. See who's playing at Auditorio Telmex and see if they are interested. Locally, our girls have certain "must-haves": a stop at Los burritos de Mayahua on the way from the aiport is required (who feeds on planes nowadays?), dinner at Los Cinco Potrillos and Tango, a torta ahogada at Las Famosas, breakfast at Las Delicias and a good stroll and a Michelada on the Malecón on a Sunday... and they are now addicted to the tejuino and mangoneadas at the Ajijic tianguis and the tacos from the vender midway down. Here, they love to use their limited Spanish to feel like they belong: they touch and admire babies, make pleasantries, and try to imagine themselves "living" another life for a few days. They especially love to be invited to Mexican parties: baptisms, birthdays...I go on the prowl for invites as soon as their tickets are booked: their Facebook pages are filled with photos of them eating nopales, breaking piñatas, and holding babies of...pretty much everyone who will let them. Trip after trip, they want to "live and eat" Mexico...

Wonderful suggestions! This is what I would like for them. Experience another culture and lifestyle. Thanks so much!!

So what dates will they be here? I am in Guad frequently and know they will love it there, friends have daughters and nieces and the like their ages and there is so much to do.

So what dates will they be here? I am in Guad frequently and know they will love it there, friends have daughters and nieces and the like their ages and there is so much to do.

Thanks Spencer! We haven't booked yet but I'm thinking August 1st and then if its fun they can stay the whole month and come back just in time for college. So appreciate your kind offer...Gail

Archived