Chapala.com Webboard

kam sa ham ni da

Dear Chapalecos and Ajijicanos,

I recently ordered a dashcam (http://www.urive.co.kr/english/products/urive_shotgun.html) and the user's manual arrived written in Korean. Since I used up my entire Korean vocabulary in the Topic Title, I am hoping someone nearby could take a look at the manual and translate some it for me. Please let me know. My email is nadine.and.henry -at- pobox.com Thanks.

Best wishes,

Henry Laxen

Dear Chapalecos and Ajijicanos,

I recently ordered a dashcam (http://www.urive.co.kr/english/products/urive_shotgun.html) and the user's manual arrived written in Korean. Since I used up my entire Korean vocabulary in the Topic Title, I am hoping someone nearby could take a look at the manual and translate some it for me. Please let me know. My email is nadine.and.henry -at- pobox.com Thanks.

Best wishes,

Henry Laxen

Wow. That makes my dashcam look like a toy. Nice. You are a smart guy so I am sure you looked to see if they had an English version to download already. I see they have for other models, but not that one yet. I wonder if the single has similar functionality. That manual is downloadable in English. I am constantly downloading English versions of manuals for products I purchased.

Please let us know how your dashcam works, especially in the dark. I am about to go on my first real drive in my new car, and the first thing I will do is put on the dashcam.

Good luck!

Between my wife and me we should be able to help you out. I've spent most of my adult life (since Peace Corps) involved with Korea (and Korean language) while my wife is a native speaker. Please give me a ring at 766-4003. We live in West Ajijic.

many thanks to all who have offered to help. i contacted the korean company who manufactures this dashcam and they sent me an english version of the manual. as usual, you chapalecos have been gracious and helpful. thanks again.

Dear Neighbors,

I have managed to acquire a (semi-english) user's manual. In the infinite wisdom of the manufacturer, the unit has to be installed in a car (attached to the battery and ground) in order to test it. The wonderful custom cable included mandates that. There are also (relatively good) instructions on how to install it in a car, which are well beyond my technical capabilities (anything requiring more than a hammer). So, do any of you have any experience with car electrical guys (or gals) in the area who you think might be willing (and competent) in install this beast in my car? As a reward to this forum, if I ever get it working, I'll post my first video on the forum once I've recorded it. Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Best wishes,
Henry Laxen

Dear RVGringo,

Yes, thanks for that idea, but I'ld really like a professional installation. Since I wrote the previous post, I confirmed that the device actually works. A Steren Eli 1000 multi-voltage, some alligator clips, and a bit of patience along with ignoring the instructions in the user manual got me pretty far. So if you have any recommendations about a good installer, who can minimize the display of the ugly wires, I'ld love to hear about it.

Best wishes,

Henry Laxen

• 1 month later...

The rest of the story:

Many thanks to Steve and Yong Moore, who spent time in Korea in the Peace Corps and offered to translate the Korean manual for me. I also wrote to Urive, and they sent me a English version of the manual in pdf form. With that I was able to boot the camera and take some videos, proving that it in fact works. I then went to Escaleras, and had them install the dashcam. They did a Great job, thank you Escaleras. They ran the wiring through the roof of the car, so the cables are barely visible. There is both a front and rear camera. The main reason I bought this model is because of the resolution. The front camera shoots 1920x1080 resolution, 24 bits per pixel, and 30 frames per second. As a result the videos are rather large. This movie is driving up to our house and is over 44MB in size. Fortunately, 32GB memory cards are now relatively inexpensive, and can hold many hours of video. All in all I am very happy with the dashcam, and hope I never really need it.

Archived