Chapala.com Webboard

beach clean-up this coming Saturday

Have thrown out my Reporter...

Saw a picture and the info under it mentioned the areas with malecons. I would like to know who to contact re getting bags and arranging for pick-up for Riberas area.

Thanks in advance.

Please let us know if you succeeded in this and when and where you will meet on Saturday. I'd like to try and come out on Saturday morning to help you there and encourage others to do so as well. Likely, there will be plenty of volunteers in Ajijic and surrounds but few in the outlying areas. Might be able to bring someone with me as well.

Oops, just lost what I had written...

R2D2, thank you for the link. It does not give a contact so I can't ask if they will bring bags and do pick-ups in some areas other than the malecons mentioned in my post (which I took from a Guad article).

The block in my area (between San Mateo and San Pablo, an entrance point) is pretty good. But we could walk east or west I assume.

How about San Antonio? Does it need our help?

If you know of an area other than the malecon areas please let me know so we can put the volunteers where they are most needed. Like you, Mainecoons.

Thanks.

lindaball2001@yahoo.com

I have the Reporter.

Malecon (from Chapala to Joco): This Saturday, June 1st, will be a massive one-day clean up from 9 - 11 am. Trash bags will be provided. It doesn't suggest this, but you should wear gloves. Does it say where to meet? Nope. Just that "litter collectors will fan out from the waterfront malecon in Chapala, Ajijic, San Juan Cosala, El Chante and Jocotepec."

For San Antonio: you can meet each Saturday morning at 8:00 at the Delegacion office on the San Antonion Plaza. "Bring garbage bags and gloves."

there is quite a large contingent coming from Guadalajara, so if you know of another area that needs attention send a PM and we'll add it to the list. Thanks!!!

Archived