Chapala.com Webboard

locking thread over a year old...maybe less?

solajijic

It seems that recently there has been a lot of old thread with outdated information in them surfacing. I understand the search function is important but would it be possible to close all the threads older than a certain length of time? That way the outdated info could not be brought forward and the information would still be there to be read for information and background.

In order to lock a thread, moderators need to go through a series of steps. This takes time and effort - and since ALL moderators on this board are volunteeers, that is extra work. We try to keep our funcitons as adminstrators to a minimum.

Sometimes, reactivating an old thread is a good thing. But most of the time, starting a new thread would be better. Please know that the moderators DO try to keep this webboard functional, educational, positive and helpful.

I don't mean to lock out the old threads just make it so you can no longer add to them. They could still be accessed for info. Twice inthe last month even after all these years I have found myself reading something from 2010 and 2009, luckily I remember the rules have changed but someone new wouldn't be able to discern that and the age isn't evident unless you look closely. Maybe those threads could be in a different background color.

As for moderators not having time, I have time.

Archived