Chapala.com Webboard

Do jobs pay good in general in Mexico?

odourless0

you are joking...right!

As Mexicans come out Universities here...many are capable of speaking english and or french...they try to get jobs in the USA, Canada or Europe....Mexicans DO NOT make a lot of money here...unless they are Doctors and Engineers, Computer experts etc and then "a lot of money..." is more than a bricklayer.

Read books or research on the internet...check salaries that way.

I am working on a business degree in the States and want to work with business for my career. I am planning on moving to mexico in a few years and will be bilingual. I don't want to start my own business but want to work for larger ended corporations. Do they pay good in Mexico???

Jeanette is right. Your grammar is so bad that it will be hard for you to get an interview, let alone a job. The adverb is well, not good. Capitalize Mexico. Use a hyphen in a hyphenated word.

If you are bilingual, have a degree and brain then plan on getting to work at 8am and leaving at 7pm and making no more than 15,000 pesos a month (usually closer to $10,000) unless you have some really special skill and speaking English won't be one of them.

Luisa, and perhaps others, I suspect we have different definitions of the word 'snarky'. I meant no insult to any of the posters on this thread.

Here is the best example I could quickly grab that explains my usage of the word:

From Los Angeles Magazine: The wonk who blogged me

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1346/is_8_48/ai_106225245

"Snarky (adjective) describes a witty mannerism, personality, or

behavior that is a combination of sarcasm and cynicism. Usually

accepted as a complimentary term. Snark is sometimes mistaken for a

snotty or arrogant attitude.

Then there is the issue of where to live, traffic and drive times. I know what Mexicans make and there are many educated ones who make little, live rent free with family and still commute 1 to 2 hours to work on top of the above stated wages. That is reality.

The $15,000 to $10,000 was quoted as pesos. Many make as little as $5,000 with no degree but benefits and the higher end is for people with real skills. If this guy has never lived in Mexico he will have no applicable skills as he won't know the game nor ropes for a few years and will be more of a burden then help as there will be locals who know the system here and will not need training.

Archived