Chapala.com Webboard

Lety's - San Antonio

jkgourmet

Very casual roadside place, specializing in seafood. Husband enjoyed his fried garlic fish filet, which unexpectedly arrived with dried red chile's on top. Fresh, large portion, good sides - I forget the exact price, but we both considered it a terrific bargain.

As I wasn't particularly hungry, I ordered only a quesidilla with vegetables. The vegies turned out to be tomato, onion and a bit of red pepper. This thing was fat with an enormous amount of cheese - good cheese! - and a great surprise. At 15 pesos, I actually felt like I was ripping off the restaurant.

I can guarantee a return visit to Lety's. Any suggestions for what else to try would be appreciated!

There is a shripm with spices, I think the name begins with a "Z" delicioso. If you are not a big eater, you can get 1/2 order as I usually do.

I think you mean Camorones Zarandeados. Excellenct!! We love this place and eat there at least once a week. Very large portions and reasonable prices. Their french fries are great and hand cut but not on the menu. You have to aske for them. Tried something new last night, Shrimp Cucharacha. Love them. My husband always get pulpo. You can either get a half order of anything or split half and half. Hope you all try it.

Forgive my NOB ignorance, but what is a shrimp burger? I've seen it on menu's a few times down here.

A very small burger.

Lety's serves a GREAT Shrimp a la Diabla, and an excellent shrimp cocktail. The VERY best shrimp cocktaill we've had here is at a hole-in-the-wall place just before Sparkle Carwash called Mariscos El Tio. VERY generous amount of shrimp & prepared to perfection. So far, only the Mexicans seem to know about it. Atmosphere is non-existent, but the food keeps drawing us back.

Three years ago, I ate at Lety's all the time. Then "the gringos" discovered it: the place was always packed, prices sky-rocketed, portions got smaller. I stopped going, even though I always had fun engaging in banter with the boss-man about how "we get old too soon, smart too late".

After a while, people seemed to realize that you don't pay those prices for a place with chairs from the beer store. People stopped going, and it was left once again in the hands of the Tapatios. Eventually, the prices leveled out, but it will never be the bargain it used to be.

Here we go again...

A very small burger.

I don't know if you are referring to Lety's shrimp burger but every time I have had it, it has been more than enough,(6-8 butterflied shrimp in a sort of cheese concoction and it comes with fries) and I have a very healthy appetite. :-)If it is small to you, you must be getting monster burgers somewhere else. Care to share? :-)

I don't know if you are referring to Lety's shrimp burger but every time I have had it, it has been more than enough,(6-8 butterflied shrimp in a sort of cheese concoction and it comes with fries) and I have a very healthy appetite. :-)If it is small to you, you must be getting monster burgers somewhere else. Care to share? :-)

I think it was a little jest - shrimp/small - no???

We love coconut shrimp, but must agree on Lety's being too breaded and too oily as a result. The best we've ever had is at Toñito II in Rincon de Guyabitos; larger shrimp, less breading and pleanty of coconut all fried at the proper temperature to avoid being oily. Yum!!!! Sadly, they are a seasonal restaurant and are closed for the hot summer months on the coast.

We love coconut shrimp, but must agree on Lety's being too breaded and too oily as a result. The best we've ever had is at Toñito II in Rincon de Guyabitos; larger shrimp, less breading and pleanty of coconut all fried at the proper temperature to avoid being oily. Yum!!!! Sadly, they are a seasonal restaurant and are closed for the hot summer months on the coast.

If we order coconut or breaded shrimp at Lety's, we ask for very light breading and they do it. I love the place.

Archived