Chapala.com Webboard

PFChang is open

bournemouth

Just heard from a friend that PFChang has been open for a week in Plaza Andares and is doing a great business - for those who miss the chain, maybe now is the time to take a trip to Zapopan.

I was there yesterday- it is only 4 blocks from my house- looks just like the Restaurants in the US- Almost every waiter spoke to me in English- I asked where one had lived since his English was so good- He lived in my home town!! attended our local ESL Adult Schools.

Food is good- one dish that we love Scallops- was not prepared to the same recipe that we had grown so fond over for many years-

But all else was delicious.

I had a Martini- they charged 65.00 for the vodka and 40.00 for the vermouth? but it is extra large

They DO NOT TAKE RESERVATIONS- last week the line was a block long during Comida- so beware go in the evening like at 5-6 - they should be empty at that time------the mall is wonderful and you can still be home before dark

They have their own Valet

Privado, the Kung Pao Scallops are my favorite dish there. Was that the dish that's cooked differently? I hope not....If so, how was it?

Also, do you know what time they open?

Looks like a trip to GDL for lunch and some shopping this week, YEA!!!

Valerie :D

OMG we loved this place in Phoenix, we need good directions, pleeeeeease!

Which one? The one in Scottsdale Fashion Square or the one on Scottsdale road in Kierland Park. Can't wait to get some Chef Roy Chicken.

Have a great day!

The way I go is to GDL, get onto Lazaro Cardenas (just like I'm going to Costco/Sam's/Gallerias) and just before I would normally exit for there, you will see a sigh for "Patria". You exit off to the right onto the lateral that runs next to L.Z. and you go past an Ekar store. You go a short distance (roughly 100 yards) and there's a stoplight. That's Patria. Take Patria to the right. You'll go through a pretty nice area with lots of interesting stores. It's a 4 lane road with lots of red lights. As you start down a hill, you'll see the Plaza just up ahead and slightly left. It is signed and there's a place to get into the left lane and go under the road (in a tunnel) and you can either turn into the parking garage while in the tunnel or you can come up and turn right into the Plaza above ground.

They have some lovely stores and restaurants there. Don't miss the Krispy Kreme doughnuts too, LOL!

Enjoy!

Privado, the Kung Pao Scallops are my favorite dish there. Was that the dish that's cooked differently? I hope not....If so, how was it?

Sorry to say YES -Kung Pao Scallops- I had them in Nov - in 2 Pf Changs in the San Francisco bay Area- I once asked what was in the sauce - was told- Hoisen and Black bean ++garlic ++red chili etc- color here ,looked like a salsa red color-They were OK - but not what I remember-

Also the portions on all things were probably 2/3 of what they serve in the US

But, I am Very Happy they are here. Think they open at 1pm

Gosh it has been a while I think it was off of Bell Rd.

NO one has good directions?

Come into Guad as if you were going to Costco on Vallarta- When you get to the Y split on Lazaro Cardenas-

Ave Vallarta goes left- Ave Patria goes Right - Take Patria exit to the light on the lateral.

. Turn right on Patria go down ramp on left- continue straight past the Autonoma University Stadium- continue down hill in left lane - take the Andares Mall exit- into tunnel- you will arrive in the Plaza Area of Andares where all the restaurants are located.

PF Changs is on the opposite side- first bldg. Valet parking starts at approx 2pm- You should circle around the Plaza area before parking underground- as its easy to get lost- poor directions in the underground area if you go there first.

Enjoy

Valerie

I just was looking at their web site and clicked on the Mexico location- they showed a photo of Sichuan Scallops- this is what We received at Comida on Friday- they gave me the wrong dish- I ordered Kung Pao and never thought to even question what I received- Now I'm angry! because I've been waiting to have them ever since I saw them building the restaurant.

Try the Kung Pao and report back if they are the same.

Enjoy

Privado, will do. Planning a shopping and dining trip to GDL this coming week. Will definitely report the details on the Kung Pao Scallops once I have them. Hoping for the same wonderful flavor.

Happy eating all,

Tuesday...we followed the easy directions and parked in the underground parking lot...PF Chang opens at 12:00 and we had a great lunch...as good as in the USA. With conversion the prices were the same as the USA. They have an all english menu as well as an english take out menu. It is very crowded on the weekends...especially after 7:00 at night.

We are going back on Saturday with a Mexican couple. The restaurant does NOT take reservations. English is widely spoken by many of the staff. The mall is spectacular....bring money or blindfold your wife. (I told my wife it was a game...

I would tell her what I saw but she couldn't look....she didn't want anything I told her about, not even the live frogs or the dancing scorpions)

Finally, made it to PF Chang's today for lunch. We got there about 1 pm (they open at Noon) and there were only a couple of tables with patrons. We ordered the Lettuce Wraps and Kung Pao Scallops. Absolutely DIVINE! The restaurant smelled the same as those NOB and the food was just as tasty. The differences I noticed were the rice came in smaller portions and when the Waitress mixed up the sauce for the lettuce wraps, she did it back in the kitchen and didn't ask how spicy we liked it. Also, the kitchen is hidden in the back whereas the ones I've visited in the US were open to the dining area. The decor is pleasant and you can choose between sitting inside or on the covered Terrace. Smoking is permitted on the Terrace so we chose to eat inside.

The Kung Pao Scallops were 200 pesos each, the Lettuce Wrap was 114 pesos and the only thing I thought was unreasonable was the prices for Agua Mineral. They were 31 pesos each. Ouch! In my opinion, the food was well worth the price but to pay 6 times the cost for sparkling water in a can seemed a bit much.

We'll definitely be back another time but I think I'll just order water next time, LOL!

The Waitress told us from 12-2 it's not crowded and then again from 5-8. She said the afternoon crowd is pretty big and from 8 until Midnight it's a Zoo.

If you're a PF Chang's fan, I encourage you to go and give it a try. We enjoyed it.

Happy eating,

Archived