Chapala.com Webboard

What a pleasant surprise

Ian Greenwood

After leaving the house a little late to catch dinner at Lobo de Mar ( one of our favorites ) we decided to try Isa Vella……a relatively new Mediterranean style restaurant ( one block south of Guadalajara pharmacy) The restaurant is small , with about 10 tables , a pleasant courtyard set back from the road and 4 or 5 tables inside .Fresh cut flowers and cloth napkins along with comfortable chairs ..off to a good start. The menu is small but touches all bases with quite a few original items and is very reasonably priced. Shortly after being seated they brought a flat bread with hummus to snack on while we waited to order and receive our dinners. I ordered the mahi-mahi with pilaf rice and roasted vegetables, ..my fishwas perfectly cooked , my wife had the quinoa salad with fresh greens and roasted vegetables. Both were excellent Two of the best meals we have had at Lakeside recently The service was attentive and the server was friendly and knowledgeable…we’ll be back and soon .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4