Chapala.com Webboard

Reason Shaw losing signal.

sm1mex

We were in contact with our Shaw rep today. There is a new owner of Shaw. It is now called Shaw Direct Roger’s. They are cutting back the signal at night in certain areas. Apparently we are one of the areas. We lose our signal every night but ok during the day. If you don’t lose your signal that is great but if you do this is the reason. We are changing to Kiwisat out of Miami. 150 channels. Everything we want. Serves Mexico Latin America and Caribbean islands. Besides constantly losing our signal Shaw has discontinued just about every favorite channel we recorded and watched. So we are done with Shaw. 

The 3rd satellite is going to be on by Spring 2024 fully and the other satellite that you get the channels on now is going to off and not available to Mexico in Spring.

(I don’t where the 3rd satellite will cover. Maybe only Canada) but what we get now will be gone. 

One of my neighbors up north, said, of course, you will be able to get the signal from the new Satellite, Trouble is you will need a forty-foot dish in.

I wonder how big a dish you would really need :).  Perhaps even larger than 40 feet in diameter.

We were not told about how a big a dish should be. We were told in spring Mexico satellite will be no longer and 3rd satellite will not serve Mexico. Shaw will cease spring 2024. 
7:15 pm we have no signal for the whole night. Just like every night. Paying 100% a month for 50% daylight signal.