Chapala.com Webboard

Utility Sink

We are in the process of moving our old stacked washer/dryer from a closet in our kitchen ( more shelf space will be great) to our garage. We will get new appliances, and also want to install a deep double utility sink in our laundry area. The sink will be for washing rugs, filling mop buckets, etc. So far all we can find locally are slightly deep kitchen sinks (9-9.5") that are stainless steel (expensive) or composite high-end (also expensive). Tio Sam, Home Depot & Costco in Guadalajara don't have what we want. Someone suggested a place called Barcocina in Guad. but their website indicates they sell mostly countertops. Anyone know where to look for an inexpensive double utility sink????  

What you want is, unless I am way off the mark, a fregadero doble.  There are restaurant supplies businesses in Guadalajara, some of which will build what you want to your specifications.  Others will sell you ready-made or even used equipment.  I'm attaching a link that's a good place to start looking, as they have an extensive on-line catalogue, but just google "Equipo restaurante Guadalajara" and you'll find a lot more links.  Good luck.

https://www.inmeza.com/collections/fregaderos

Consider making a utility sink out of cement. I had one made at our house on the beach fearing problems with anything metal in that climate. It's wide enough to wash barbecue grills and is probably 20" deep. The type of cement mixture used as well as reinforcement is important but after 4 years of use the sink is still in great shape.

Archived