Chapala.com Webboard

Maine Coon female cat up for adoption

For the hairballs, I know of some possibilities, some of which you may already know.

1. You can put out a little butter out for her to lick.  The fat in the stomach helps.  I'm sure you already know she needs to eat grass as cats don't digest it, and of course, that is the point, to not digest it and throw it up.  You can't make her eat the grass, but she should easily want to lick the butter.

2. Get a really good brush.  I purchased a  Furminator (which is NO ordinary brush) and you will be amazed at the amount of excess fur this will remove.  It does not have to be that exact brand, but must be one that works the same way.  It is extremely efficient.  There are videos on line showing how this type of brush works.

That is great information and perfect timing as we are headed north next week.  I just added one to my Amazon order.  Thanks!

The little kitty got a check up from Dra Bernice.  Basically good but some significant dental problems.  She's going in Friday for it.  The two cats are doing quite well, I wouldn't say you can feel the love yet but they are definitely tolerating each other well.  Now we have two excellent lap cats to go with our two laps!

Archived