Chapala.com Webboard

Costco prescription lens sale

Just got back from Costco on Lopez Mateos Sur. 20% off of their already low prices for prescription lenses until June 6. Optometrist at this Costco is fluent in English and is there Monday through Friday. Dr Jacobo.

01-33-328-33338 direct line to that Costco optical department if you have any questions or to make an appointment.

Costco does not charge for eye exams.

If you have a complicated prescription -- bifocals or very weak eye sight or your glasses need thinner lenses, be AWARE. The Dr. at Costco failed "royally" with me and there's nothing he can / wanted to do after I paid so much for my glasses. They're completely useless. The prescription turned out weaker than before with thicker lenses even though I have paid for the High Index materrial.

The reading area is so small and both eyes are not evenly adjusted. My astigmatism was not corrected. The cylinder and axis measures were done by a young woman who did it so fast I doubted it was correct--sure enough it was wrong. I wore glasses since the age of 6, and I never, never had problems like these with my prescriptions.

His method of examination is so old fashioned with the whole sets of lenses attached to a removal apparatus that you wear on your face. It was so heavy that it hurt me. We are getting what we pay for.

Archived