Chapala.com Webboard

Directions from Chapala to first toll booth to Lagos de Moreno

Leave Chapala heading toward Guadalajara. When you see signs for “MEXICO“, follow them. You will be on a lateral and should stay left to merge onto the high speed highway. After you pass Tonala, you will come to a toll booth for the Cuota. Then, follow the signs toward Lagos de Moreno, etc.

I never drive to Guad, so if someone could give me good directions on how to get on the cuota to `Lagos de Moreno from Chapala going thru Tonala area. I do not want to take the bypass, as I got too lost last time.

Drive to Guadalajara; continue straight past the airport exit;

Continue straight instead of taking the Periferico Sur;

Continue 'straight' around and up the hill on the one-way section of this highway;

As you descend that hill get/stay in right hand land (but not bus lane); overhead signs will instruct you to take a right towards Tlaquepaque and maybe says Av Ninos Heroes;

Once haven taken that right, stay right following signs to "Mexico/Morelia";

Follow this 3-lane feeder-road for maybe a mile watching for sign again saying Mexico/Morelia to the left; take the narrow entry ramp onto the main highway

Stay on this highway for 'several miles', passing the exit to Tonala;

Pay the toll at the booths

Just past the toll booths, go straight/left on road signed "Lagos de Moreno" and maybe Zapotlanejo (and not right to Mexico/Morelia)

You are now on the way to Lagos.....

Archived