Chapala.com Webboard

lcscats post on LCS needs

mexpat06

lcscats wrote under a different topic the following which this moderator believes should have its own topic so the information and need isn't lost within the larger discussion.

Lets stop for a second. Here is the frustration and why my comment was so tough. We have very few volunteers to work on the physical plant and frankly from my selfish point of view I can't get any help. The lights a couple of months ago were basically all failing in the front room of the library. The bulbs are all obsolete and cannot be replaced as the ballasts need to be changed. We have a collection of two pin and one pin bulbs and internal and external ballasts. Yes I patched it back again for one last time. I need a younger

person who can still climb ladders and someone with a truck who can drive in Guad and buy us new lights. I am not trained in this work but no one else will step up to the plate so I try folks. We have no master gardener, no physical plant manager. So when the power goes off one of a few of us steps up to the plate and we fix it. Luckily we manage to keep things going and even go forward. The new floor in the coffee area, the new higher speed wifi and repeaters on site, People like June and Paul who are there every day. We are trying to remodel the bathrooms right now is another forward project. I apologize to the other volunteers I didn't mention like our IT department and others. Notice the cameras around the grounds? That's the IT folks. At one time Terry did it all

well he can't anymore and we members have to step up to the plate so he can do his job not keep the place going day to day.

Now I hope folks understand how these fights are so hard for many of us volunteers to handle. Yes I know these things have to be settled and I know we have rules but can someone who is handy come see me (Zed) and help me with this lighting project. We need handy people and someone with a truck who can pick up and deliver 8 ft new bulbs and fixtures in Guad. We will pay your gas as we know it is expensive to go to Guad in a truck.

Sorry for my bi*ch but I hope you understand how we volunteers feel we need help not a fight thus my emotional dump on you folks and for that I apologize.

Archived