Chapala.com Webboard

Internet question

Thank you Computer Guy for your explanation on Adobe. I won't update as I rarely use it. Just as I deleted Java months ago and never missed it so far.

And thank you both for the interesting, informative course. I have a clearer image now on how internet works. but I cannot take sides on your disagreement yet. Good discussion though.

#2 is your best option, since you are paying for UP TO 5mb/s and you are getting everything they can provide to your location, up to that amount. We pay for up to 1 mb/s and usually get more. It simply depends upon your location, more than your package.

There is no ''hasta 1mb'' package anymore. The lowest end package is ''hasta 3mbs''.

Since 2007, I am paying for "hasta l mb" $389.00 a month with the 100 free local calls and 100 minutes limit for Lada nacional. Regarding the free calls, I am limited with this older package. In those days, they offered 2 mb and 5 mb with more free calls, etc.

I realize that Telmex might not offer 1 mb anymore, so I'm lucky they did not cut me off or force me to pay for the upgrade. Now, without asking for it, my speed is 3 mb. download and 0.29 upload. I'm happy with this as I don't do music or movies.

Some time back, they doubled the allotment for the same price. This has been the history of Infinitum here. I expect it to happen again in the next year or two.

EDIT: See my post below... this is obviously no longer true.

Some time back, they doubled the allotment for the same price. This has been the history of Infinitum here. I expect it to happen again in the next year or two.

I won't complain. I'll stick to my low rate as long as I can. :D

Whoa, somewhere along the line things have changed. Some of us are obviously grandfathered in. Any thoughts I had of going to 10 Mbits for $999 are long gone....

You posted prices for businesses. See the word ''negocio'' in all of the offers? That's for business owners, not homeowners. It's still $999 for 10mp for residential.

You posted prices for businesses. See the word ''negocio'' in all of the offers? That's for business owners, not homeowners. It's still $999 for 10mp for residential.

Wow, did I miss that or what. Thanks for pointing that out. Phew.

Now I would really like to find out what extra bandwidth I can get for the $199 pesos additional on the middle plan. Anyone tried this?

Archived