Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara busy over Semana Santa?

sparks

Hi,

I have lived in Guadalajara (end of the nineties, 2000, 2001, 2003,.... and I can tell you that Easter is actually the busiest time of the year in Guadalajara. The plazas are really crowded.

It seems that a lot of tapatios leave the city but a lot more tourists from outside Guad will visit this beautiful city.

best regards,

Rony

Guadalajara is a ghost town during semana santa...everyone goes to la playa!!!! Maybe a few strays in Chapala :D (lived in Guad after the above poster.)

You might be right...... and maybe my memory lets me down (already,.... I am 48).

Agree with Rony- I used to come to visit during Semana Santa- always stayed in Centro and it was busy- especially the religious sites and plazas.

However, the staff at Costco told me it's one of their slowest 2 weeks of the year- and here in Zapopan "the burbs" 3/4 of my neighbors are gone for a least a week, if not more -many to homes in Puerta Vallarta and Chapala. Incredibly, now know 4 Mexican families, who have homes or relatives who have homes that were my closest neighbors when I lived at Lakeside-never even saw them when I lived there. Malls like Andares are not busy and many restaurants also shut down for the first week.

Tapitio's are world travelers- last week several friends where talking about - going on a cruise, trips to San Francisco and Napa, Las Vegas, Israel & Jordon- Skiing in Aspen, or their apts. in La Jolla-SanDiego to go shopping, they use this time to travel with their older kids because of the 2 week school vacation.

Archived