Chapala.com Webboard

Problems re-newing my Vehicle Permission Paperwork

J.Miller

I am looking for some information regarding the renewal of my vehicle import papers. The papers expired about mid-November and so after receiving my renewed FM3 card I went to the airport in search of the department where I could renew my vehicle papers. I was sent from the airport proper to an immigration kiosk and from there to a third location and from there I was directed to an “immigration” place that I never did find and having run out of time, I gave up.

The only thing that I did find out is, although I live here full time and have done for the last four years, when I crossed back in to Mexico last June, the woman who took care of me designated me as a “tourist”. Unfortunately I did not notice this at the time and apparently that was part of the cause for sending me from place to place without ever successfully having my paperwork renewed.

Can anyone offer advice and some clear instructions for where I need to go to have my “tourist” status changed and my vehicle permission paper work renewed? I had forgotten all about this but an article in the Reporter reminded me that I am currently driving around with expired paperwork which has me concerned.

At the bottom of his frequent posts on this forum, he offers contact information like this:

"

Mexican law school graduate, interned with Civil Court to learn law better and info and also Mexican / US mortgage broker. If you'd like to call me 331-556-0828 cell / US 805-683-4848 / Mx 765-7553.

Archived