Chapala.com Webboard

SPAM problem

Curmudgeon

Gee, what can I say? To quote directly from your post: "The complaint was that people were receiving repeat emails of the same advertisment [sic]...." Had you said, "One of the complaints...." it would be a different matter. "The complaint" was about SPAM, and NOT about virus or anything else. Is English your native language?

Wow, again, how friendly and welcoming. And they say narrowminded grumpy old gringos ruin this town! (that was sarcasm, in case you didnt catch that) It was a simple comment about spam, no reason to get yourself all worked up there. Didnt realize you were the post police. Surely you can find something better to do with your time than to sit around picking pointless cyber fights. Now although you seem like a real treasure, dont bother responding, I really dont care about spam THIS much...or how you feel about my english, or anything else you have to say for that matter. I will continue posting my thoughts and opinions, you go ahead and do the same, just not to me. Take care.

"Like that with everyone"? If that was a reference to DWILLIAMS --

I note that he's been a member only since March 31. That ain't hardly time to post to "everyone"!

A little judgmental, don't you think?

(And y'all wanna point the finger at somebody else for being "unfriendly"?)

• 1 month later...

*** I received this SPAM email today. Apparently the LCS directory is the source from which the sender obtained my email address. I am pretty diligent about keeping SPAM out of my emails so this scenerio, along with the others listed in this thread, are troublesome. Not sure what can be done about it other than what has been suggested here. I wish LCS would step in, somehow. At least with a verbal reprimand or statement of some kind. ***

HOWARD HAMBURG <hchamburg@msn.com>

sender-timeSent at 12:36 PM (GMT-07:00). Current time there: 12:30 PM. ✆

to

dateWed, May 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

subjectRE: COMPUTERLAND GIVING 10% DISCOUNT TO LCS MEMBERS

mailed-bymsn.com

Dear LCS Members,

For the month of June only, COMPUTERLAND will give a 10% discount to LCS members on all new and used computers, printers and peripherals. Included in the sale will be some hard to get items like: english language keyboards, universal AC adapters for all laptops, lots of new and used PC games, wireless internet adapters, desktop mikes and hundreds of other items.

The sale will also include desktop computers built to order, factory direct from Guadalajara. This is an opportunity to get a great computer at the lowest possible price.

COMPUTERLAND Hidalgo #100-A on the Carretera, Riberas del Pilar. Parking available.

Tel. (376) 765-7595 open Mon. thru Fri. 9AM to 5PM

repairyourcomputer@hotmail.com

*** I received this SPAM email today. Apparently the LCS directory is the source from which the sender obtained my email address. I am pretty diligent about keeping SPAM out of my emails so this scenerio, along with the others listed in this thread, are troublesome. Not sure what can be done about it other than what has been suggested here. I wish LCS would step in, somehow. At least with a verbal reprimand or statement of some kind. ***

HOWARD HAMBURG <hchamburg@msn.com>

sender-timeSent at 12:36 PM (GMT-07:00). Current time there: 12:30 PM. ✆

to

dateWed, May 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

subjectRE: COMPUTERLAND GIVING 10% DISCOUNT TO LCS MEMBERS

mailed-bymsn.com

Interesting.

My wife and I are in the LCS directory along with my email and I did not receive this message.

Just a thought, but perhaps there might be a better forum than La Cocina if you need some relief from your frustration.

Interesting.

My wife and I are in the LCS directory along with my email and I did not receive this message.

Just a thought, but perhaps there might be a better forum than La Cocina if you need some relief from your frustration.

I agree with you on the location. As this thread started with complaints about SPAM and the LCS directory - I just added to it. Probably should be in another forum, though. I don't know why we got the AD SPAM. We've never done business with the business or person who send it. It IS interesting.

Guest chapalajoe

The LCS Directory is indeed the source for many SPAMMERS to access one's e-mail address.

My advice to members is "Don't publish your e-mail address; your friends already have it!"

My advice to LCS (Are you listening Howard?) is "Don't publish e-mail addresses in the Directory but reserve them for the use of LCS administrators only!"

Archived