Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a person or business who can assist in reprogramming a VoIP Device

We are looking for someone or a business who can assist in reprogramming this VoIP Device. 

The Cisco SPA112 Series Analog Telephone Adapter or ATA for short has suffered this season with Internet outages, power failures, to the point it shut it’s self OFF

“Our SIP Status: disconnected” says it all

We have a manual: “Configuration & Management of the ATA” which includes a 4/5 pg set of Instructions for it’s Administration, plus the SIP Status report

This Voice over internet device has performed flawlessly for some 10 yrs, 6 months in Canada & 6 months in Mexico. This has been very difficult season in Mexico, our Telmex Service has dramatically deteriorated.

If you know of anyone or any business with experience pls let me know! Tks in advance

Scan 4.jpg

I, for one, would NOT reset the device. There are probably some settings that make it normally work for the OP's environment that will be 'lost' that way.

If the OP can get someone to come out and look at it, having the settings that have worked for 10 years might be of some benefit vs seeing 'factory defaults'.

Just my opinion....

• Like 1

Just  because it 'cannot connect' does not mean it's a brick.  It is showing 'disconnected' and many things could cause this and the device still be perfectly sound. I've 'programmed' several of these ATAs..... just not this Cisco one.... and the last thing that I would want to have happen if I were going to try and help is to have had it reset to factory default. I can confidently say that it will not work if set to factory default because it is from there that one starts adding/changing some of the settings that whatever IP phone company this device is going to play with requires. 

P.S.  There is no ATA model.  ATA is the generic term for a/any Analog Telephone Adapter, one of which is  the Cisco Spa Series. My ATA is a Grandstream HT801.

Do any of the lights come on?

When you pick up the phone, do you get a tone?

Does the router assign it an IP address?

If you do have a tone, try pressing ****. That should get you a prompt.

If none of these work, the device might just be fried. I had one that just died like that some years ago.

Also try the normal reset . Factory reset should be a last resort.

• Like 1