Chapala.com Webboard

How Get Past New "Enhance" Option Editing Google Photos

Trying another way since no help last post. Up to Monday July 10 editing photos that were sent to my desktop gmail (Windows) account from my android phone was a snap.  Did it for years.   But on Monday, clicking on same  horizontal arrows as before (supposed start of "edit" function) takes me to                                  "enhance" as first option. Didn't used to be like that.  Can't get past it.  It won't work.  Using google support site gives the instructions I already know, except refers to "enhance" as step 1.  Vicious circle now complete.

1 hour 10 minutes on hold at their actual phone number was enough.  Must be SOMEBODY out there who'd also like to edit their pix in gmail?

3 hours ago, gwynne said:

I ran into that also.  Can't crop, change lighting nada.  I finally just moved the photos over to my hard files and used Photoshop.  Darn nuisance.....

THANK YOU.... I'm not the only one!!!!   But I have no idea how to "move them to my hard files" nor how to  photoshop.  BUT..... I still have Picassa and sometimes I download things to it that I receive from others, I'm able to edit there.  Would this work.  Can you please tell me how to get them to the hard files?   GRACIAS  😄

By the way, for anyone else.... I'm sure you know if you used to crop a pic in google photos within gmail, sometimes by reducing it, what was crystal clear was now blurred.  Well, I managed to edit ( first time EVER)  directly on cell phone..... BUT  (1) the edits didn't come to the  gmail photos app, and (2) when I sent an edited one as a test, it was blurry on receiving end, even tho' looked perfect to me.     AARRGGGGGHHHHH

3 hours ago, gwynne said:

I ran into that also.  Can't crop, change lighting nada.

I can. For me, there have probably never been more controls.

[video screen capture]

Are you sure you're using using Google Photos (Web) in Google Chrome? I'm using Google Chrome Stable (latest).

screenshot-nimbusweb.me-2023.07.08-11_32

Can't expect any old browser to support very specific imaging technology.

It's also true that, phone-wise, Pixel phones will always grant the most control over photos taken with Pixel phones, because they contain a chip dedicated to imagery. Not Android, Pixel. Pure Android.

LQ

I don't take many photos with my phone so I tried this and it seems to work. When the photo opened in Google photo I clicked the Share icon and sent it to my email that I can open on my desktop email program. Then I can save the attachment to a folder on my hard drive and edit in Picasa. Not as elegant as editing in Google photo but doable.

And not to get too technical but pixels by their very nature don't expand or contact very well. Works OK for simple editing.

• Thanks 1

OK amiga.  Just checked my contacts, and you use yahoo. I don't take a lot either, but DO want to edit those I do.  These pix come into my desktop gmail account from the phone,  but I'll try and share them to yahoo and see what happens..... because then I can also download them  and they'll go directly to Picassa and can be edited.

Gwynne told me how to download pix from google photos to hard drive (click on 3 vertical lines in any pic, then choose download from options). She said it would ask me where to send, but mine simply send them to "downloads".   Did several, one at a time. From there, before going further, dragged (depending on subject) to either "pictures" or "cats".  Then I could open, edit in Picassa,  and save to my heart's content.  (No idea what you do if you don't have Picassa from the "old" days.)

Gwynne is a lot smarter than I and said she used Photoshop. Before I sent to Picassa, something I've never seen before with FAR too many bells and whistles came up.... which apparently you can also use.