Chapala.com Webboard

Kitchen junk we kept, kitchen junk we got rid of

ComputerGuy

Gringal's post on another thread went thusly: "I took a look at all the "stuff" I haven't used since moving to Mexico, put it in the car trunk and consigned it at the thrift store across from 7/11 about a month ago.  There went the mixer, the George Forman grill, the hot plate and a few other dusty kitchen helpers. I settled for a panini maker whose parts can go in the soapy sink."

I know I've done the same with many items. I did keep my small electronic citrus juicer, because this is the land of oranges, etc... but buying squeezed fresh juice at a local shop is probably cheaper and oh-so-easy and tempting on a stroll. I kept my little Sunbeam electric mixer, and like Gringal invested in a decent panini maker.

One thing I do use here, that I never did back home, is a really good quality toaster oven. It's digital, cooks whole chickens, 13" pizzas, even makes perfect bagels (the six burners inside are digitally handled, so that the bagels get crispy on top and stay soft on the bottom. Oh, my.

Archived