Chapala.com Webboard

CURP # required for opiate prescriptions?

Serenity6

Guest bennie2

dont even know what that is. (curp) wouldnt put myself thru that. w/all the FM3s i had, no one mentioned it. not the lawyers, or anyone. saw the term here on board. some how i thought "curp" had to do w/car license, or some kind of insurance. if/when i need that kind of medicine i have some ideas as i mentioned. there are short cuts, maybe. meanwhile there may be pain meds which are not restricted. i feel sorry for patients who are in suffer. i wonder, does the mex gov want more "visa" tax? i mean if more tourists paid for FM3's, there is $$ for mexico. no law is issued for ideology or the common good.

The FM3 has been obsolete for a few years now, and I am sure that everyone knows that you now have either a Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente Visa. Unless you have no visa at all and, therefore, no CURP as an illegal alien. Otherwise, you are just a visiting tourist on an FMM visitante permit.

Guest bennie2

i always called it FM3, what diffference does it make if it was a book or a card? all i know is what i paid, & that the book was more classy than the plastic laminated crap. in any event, the "curp" thing was not mentioned. that is my point. my visa is my business. you dont even live here, get over it.

UPDATE -

I just called :

1. Farmacia la Paz
  2. Address: Av España 1803, Moderna, 44190 Guadalajara, Jal.
    Phone:01 33 3679 7749
    And they will be filling scripts for controlled pain meds without the CURP filled in (at least for the time being) and that it is currently optional.
    I am not sure how long it will be this way but I advise my patients to get their documents (VISAs & CURPs) in order to avoid any future unnecessary & undue stress & headaches.

We have verified with COFEPRIS (The Mexican equivalent of the FDA) that the CURP field on the doctors online prescription system is optional and is verifiable on their web page at http://www.cofepris.gob.mx/Paginas/Recetarios%20y%20libros%20electr%C3%B3nicos.aspx and downloading their user manuals for Pharmacies http://www.cofepris.gob.mx/Documents/RecetariosLibros/ManualFarmacias.pdf and looking on page 13 where it says optional fields and one being the CURP number, best for people to print that page to be able to show Pharmacies that the CURP is not a mandatory field.

Archived