Chapala.com Webboard

TAI SPICE RESTAURANT REVIEW

newinajijic

Today we were on our way to Costco and went to TAI SPICE restaurant, which was formerly on Ninos Heroes near Trattoria di Pomodoro restaurant 3 years ago. Robert was there to greet us as he knows us well. We ordered his Limonada which has pieces of apple and pear in it. A huge glass and it's delicious. They bring you fresh baked rolls, baked on premises daily with basil butter. One person ordered the Won Ton soup and liked it very much. Two people ordered Shrimp Mixta which consists of Coconut Shrimp, Shrimp Tempura and Curry Shrimp, 10 in all. It came with 3 dipping sauces, rice and marinated green beans. I ordered the Rice Mixta which consists of rice, peas, carrots, shrimp, beef and chicken. It is served with marinated green beans. All meals come with a small salad and choice of two dressings. We chose the House dressing with a peanut base which was very good. We all agreed that the food was delicious.

The Shrimp Mixta was $ 112. pesos and my Rice dish was $ 80. pesos. The prices are "extremely" resonable. Most dishes are $ 80 - $ 90 pesos. House wine is $ 35. pesos. We didn't order mixed drinks, but asked about prices for you folks. Most all mixed drinks are $ 35. pesos.

We highly recommend that you try Tai Spice on Washington Street/Inglaterra (same street). Take the Patria exit off Lazaro Cadenas, turn right on Ave Patria, go about 3 blocks. On the right you'll see Oasis Market, turn right, go about 3 blocks, Tai Spice is on your right, a white building.

hensley - Don't know. Obviously if their wine and drink prices are low, their beer prices should be low. Would that make a difference on what restaurant you eat at?

jimmiller - What did you have and how did you like the food?

I had wonton soup and then a whole deep-fried(lightly) fish (pargo) in brown sauce. My spouse had an appetizer of shrimp, nuts,and pineapple in a mayonnaise sauce followed by pad thai chalupa(includes shrimp,grilled tofu,peanuts). For dessert we had fried pineapple in a yoghurt sauce. We also had one Thai tea, one Espalon añejo tequila, one glass of red wine,one coffee. the total bill was 480 pesos (before tip).

We were very pleased with the food. Kay is an excellent chef and many of the dishes are of her own creation.

Archived