Chapala.com Webboard

US Death Certificates

4 hours ago, Ferret said:

The signature is on your driver's license and other places. This may have been possible in the past but, in this day of computers, it's risky imho. Whatever works for you.

Not risky if that is how the requirements for transferring a title are accomplished by the department responsible.  

• Like 1

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive". It has been made clear that Ibarra did nothing wrong. Her husband, in whose name the title of car is registered, signed the back. I have no problem with that because it's normal procedure. I DO have a problem with a person who is NOT the registered owner signing the registered owner's name to the back. Geez, people, it's a slippery slope. Where do you draw the line?

If you buy a car from a Mexican, the identification required is a copy of their INE card, not a drivers license.  The INE is signed on the back.  The people in Chapala stamp the copy without looking at it.  Verify a signature?  You MUST be joking.  I've bought 2 cars that I know the actual owner didn't sign the papers.  I sold one, titled to my husband, but I had been signing his name for 56 years so didn't expect..or have..any problems.

• Sad 1