Chapala.com Webboard

CORRECT INFO FOR SEEING INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE IN AJIJIC - INFO IN THE OJO WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.

ezpz

There are many newcomers here and we haven't had a parade for a couple years because of the pandemic.  The Ajijic Desfile de Dia de Indpendencia starts at the bottom of Calle Revolution where the tianguis is at 10 AM Friday.  Do NOT go early, there is no reason to, you would only be standing around for a couple hours with nothing to do.  The parade heads west on Constituction and Ocampo all the way to 6 Corners (Esquinas) and loops around the hairpin turn and heads back towards the plaza on Calle Hidalgo.  It does not go on Calle 16th de Sept., that is the name of the street, it is not on the route.  There will be lots of kids and charros, horsemen.  The streets on the route must be cleared of parked cars.  You don't have to go to the beginning point of the parade, you can see it any pl.ace along the above mentioned route.  Enjoy!

Well, the last Desfile de Dia De Independencia before covid started EARLY.  I live on Independencia so am one block south of the parade route on Ocampo. I took a chance to do an early errand and after 25 years here one would think I  would know better.  Normally west bound traffic on 16 de Septiembre was unofficially two way. I finally managed to get north of the mess and ended up sitting in the car on Pedro Moreno just north of Ocampo for 1 1/2  hours - one block from home.  The car is staying home this Friday and me too since I'm sure the garage and front doors will be blocked.  Never to old to  learn!  But do enjoy the parade.