Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw xKu LNB

When you say "no more channels", you mean you are getting nothing now? You'll need to be looking for a different explanation. Box, dish alignment, reset, something.

The newer LNB cannot get more channels here. NO LNB can get the third bird in Mexico.

During the latest Shaw Direct receiver software update the LNB network map on one of my receivers got changed and then I had no channels at all on that receiver. I changed the map to the same number as I had in another receiver and everything worked fine. See link below:

http://www.kusat.com/Shaw-Direct/Shaw-Direct-Installation/

If Shaw has "forced" an xKu VCode onto your receiver (such as the National Menu VCode 4378) you will no longer be able to tune signals that are coming from the Anik F1R - IF - you still have the older dual Ku band dual LNB(s).  But you will still be able to tune channels that are coming from the Anik F2 which is what most of us watch.  The proper VCodes for the dual quad setups are VCodes 4320 (Classic Menu), 4322 (Advanced Menu) or 4377 (new National Menu).  You can temporarily reset your receiver to these older codes by pressing the Options key on your remote followed by the key sequence 1, 1, 2, 2.  A menu will then pop-up to show two alternate test VCodes.  Select the one that starts with a Q (for quad), then exit and wait a few seconds.  Your channel map will change and you can test if your channels have been restored.  If not, you have some sort of problem with your hardware (dish misalignment, LNB, cables, etc.).  The next refresh Shaw sends to your receiver will reset it back to the VCode they are using for your account. 

There is no reason to upgrade to an xKu LNB here because it isn't going to let you get any channels off the Anik G1 (the "x" means extended Ku band which is a slightly higher frequency that the G1 uses - that is what the newer xKu LNB's support.  Eventually you will need to upgrade if your existing LNB(s) die because the older dual quad LNBs are getting harder to find or are no longer available.