Chapala.com Webboard

Tracking Packages Sent In The Regular Mail

I just discovered a potential useful bit of information.  If you have had something sent to you by way of US Mail or any other company and it is to be delivered by the Mexican Postal Service or Correos de México, if you have a tracking number, even if it is for the US Postal Service, you can enter it into the Correos de México homepage, look for rastreo or tracking, put in the code, and it will come up and tell you where the package is at currently.  Maybe, everybody already knows this but I didn't and I just thought I would share it.  The reason is because I have been waiting for over a month for a certain book that I ordered to arrive.  It was sent priority so I have a tracking number, but when I check on the UPS website, it just says that it left Los Angeles a month ago, and it is unable to track it further since it left the country.  I finally went down to the post office in Chapala today and they haven't seen it yet, but they told me that I could enter that same tracking code from the USPS and it will come up on the Correos de México website.   

I'll have to try that.  

I'm finding that the USPS is quickly becoming about as bad as the Mexican mail system.  I ordered 4 pairs of shorts and Amazon sent them USPS to a US address.  Vanished completely.  Amazon reshipped by UPS and they arrived in time to be brought down.

The last time I had something sent USPS was a small printed circuit board and it cost $18 to ship and they wanted $51 to add a tracking number.  It took 7 weeks to make it from AZ to here.

Archived