Chapala.com Webboard

Requirement for couple, immigrante temporaral

Kismet

If we now have 180 day tourist visas, I know we are required to return to the US to begin all paperwork for what used to be called FM3. With husband social security of 1480 and wife 887,I know that is short of the 3,000 per couple approx. We have also been moving funds, thus checking account is, at some point in the month, over 3,000. That method has us both nervous. We qualified here for 2 years before the raised the requirement. And made the grand mistake of returning to States during the time renewal of old FM3 was accepted. Are you bonified moving funds to have checking account hit the "old yuppie" mark México now wants? Ok, not trying to be disagreeable and also realize most countries have fairly high income requirements. Help?

i doubt anyone can with 100% accuracy answer your question as each MX consulate operates separate from INM. And, it depends on the attitude of the staff.

As I noted before, Laredo is very cooperative. They may also answer your email. I am almost positive husband will qualify. Worse case scenario if Temporary Resident pre-approval is not given to wife, she enters on a FMM and once husband has his visa she will apply under FAMILY as a TR with no financials. Laredo staff know this based on feedback from several clients who have gone there and were all very happy with outcome. Consequently, Laredo staff usually give a pre-approval to spouse as well even with low income.

Laredo1612 Farragut St - Laredo, TX 78040
Tel: (956) 723-0990 * Fax: (956) 723-1741
E-mail: consul@srelaredo.org

Based on feedback from other clients some consulate staff at other locations were not so receptive.

saludos

Sonia

Archived