Chapala.com Webboard

Qin

Guest RevImmigrant

Guest RevImmigrant

I was in Plaza Galleria yesterday and had lunch at Qin in the food court. This is the place to the right towards the back with a neat smiling tiger logo. It's been there since Plaza Galleria opened to the best of my knowledge. I had an egg roll ($12 pesos), sesame chicken and fried noodles with a bottle of water (I don't think they have Chinese tea). The sesame chicken consists of chunks of chicken in batter that is deep fried and then has a sweet and sour sauce over it. The fried noodles had bok choy and some celery. There are containers of Sriracha sauce and another hot sauce you can get to add if desired. The food was excellent, as it has been since I've been going there. The portions were good-sized too. The total bill was $94 pesos. For a fast-food place Qin has excellent food and is better than many, if not most, of the Chinese restaurants here. I love the smiling tiger logo too. If you're in Plaza Galleria and like Chinese, try this one!

I was in Plaza Galleria yesterday and had lunch at Qin in the food court. This is the place to the right towards the back with a neat smiling tiger logo. It's been there since Plaza Galleria opened to the best of my knowledge. I had an egg roll ($12 pesos), sesame chicken and fried noodles with a bottle of water (I don't think they have Chinese tea). The sesame chicken consists of chunks of chicken in batter that is deep fried and then has a sweet and sour sauce over it. The fried noodles had bok choy and some celery. There are containers of Sriracha sauce and another hot sauce you can get to add if desired. The food was excellent, as it has been since I've been going there. The portions were good-sized too. The total bill was $94 pesos. For a fast-food place Qin has excellent food and is better than many, if not most, of the Chinese restaurants here. I love the smiling tiger logo too. If you're in Plaza Galleria and like Chinese, try this one!

I agree. Sally and I eat there every time we are in, or near Galleria. Very good food, large portions, and a nice variety.

There are containers of Sriracha sauce and another hot sauce you can get to add if desired.

Little-known fact about this well-known hot sauce: Sriracha was invented by a Chinese-American man in Los Angeles, California! The New York Times interviewed him just a few months ago. Here's part of what he said in the interview:

"I made this sauce for the Asian community," Mr. Tran said one recent afternoon, seated at headquarters, near a rooster-shaped crystal sculpture.

"I knew, after the Vietnamese resettled here, that they would want their hot sauce for their pho," a beef broth and noodle soup that is a de facto national dish of Vietnam. "But I wanted something that I could sell to more than just the Vietnamese," he continued.

"After I came to America, after I came to Los Angeles, I remember seeing Heinz 57 ketchup and thinking: ‘The 1984 Olympics are coming. How about I come up with a Tran 84, something I can sell to everyone?’"

Archived