Chapala.com Webboard

Pharmacies with doctors on site in Ajijic

Farmacia Similares is the only one that we know of.  Not all of them have doctors, though.  The one in Chapala does on Madero near the Plaza.  FYI You don't need an RX for most medicine in Mexico.

Ajijic Hospital also would be able to help you although they aren't a farmacia they can read the results and tell you what you should take for whatever is bothering you.

• Like 1

The only prescriptions that are required here are for antibiotics and heavy duty narcotics. The heavy duty narcotics require a prescription (in triplicate) from a specialized Doctor. You do not even need a prescription for lab tests. 

• Like 1

Thanks, art snob. I had seen photos in the window but never could see where they could be. It is antibiotics that I need but I'm too ill to even make it to the lab so I'm sending samples in with a friend but know it will take some time plus a dr. office visit would be extra hours. Guad. Pharmacy will work fine. Thanks.  Do you think it will work if I just send the lab results in with someone else or will I need to go in person? Questions, questions;

If you think you have an infection, have you been tested to see what antibiotics will be effective against the bacteria causing the infection? It takes a couple of days for the results, and just taking random antibiotics could make the bacteria stronger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 12:59 AM, NEWMtnMama said:

If you think you have an infection, have you been tested to see what antibiotics will be effective against the bacteria causing the infection? It takes a couple of days for the results, and just taking random antibiotics could make the bacteria stronger. 

Ken uses the meds to mix his colors!! that special effect

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1