Chapala.com Webboard

This "Comida China" Place In Chapala

Mainecoons

The place Maincoons is inquiring about is called Lagos de Oro or Lakes of Gold in English.  It is ok if you are hungry and want something fast but it is far from the best.  I never noticed it to be filthy as one poster pointed out and I have never gotten sick there.  I have been pretty disappointed with Chinese food in Mexico as a whole.  One thing I miss are those huge Chinese buffets with everything imaginable on 10 tables or more.  I have never seen anything like it in Mexico.  Asiana buffet in Asheville, NC was utterly amazing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomgates said:

Is the Chinese restaurant still open in Joco?

Yes but the problem there these days is that a trip out to Joco with all the traffic and topes takes real determination. Driving out there for 'pretty good food' takes quite a mental and physical effort. IMO 

On 5/2/2023 at 10:09 AM, ibarra said:

Nobody is making you go there.

I just don't know why it's important to make this kind of condescending remark when one questions or disagrees with an opinion made by another here.

Yes, always been topes and traffic. What's new is that there is now double the topes and 4-5 times the traffic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Would highly recommend Chopsticks in Plaza Bugambilias for great Asian cuisine, both Chinese and Vietnamese, go see Betty & Quy, you'll be glad you did.     

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RickS said:

I just don't know why it's important to make this kind of condescending remark when one questions or disagrees with an opinion made by another here.

Yes, always been topes and traffic. What's new is that there is now double the topes and 4-5 times the traffic.

Not meant to be "condescending" .  Just a simple statement that applies to all of us. We aren't being forced to go to Jocotopec. It's a choice.

On 5/3/2023 at 3:04 PM, RickS said:

One would think that those who live here understand about that traffic and the drive there. They are old enough to make their own decisions. Seems to me that trying to impose your standards on others is not cool.

Big Knife, can you show me where I was 'trying to impose your standards on others"?

It's my opinion as I stated with an "IMO" attached to the statement. People certainly can and will make their own decisions about the drive to Joco but surely that doesn't nullify my right to have an opinion and state it here... just like you got through doing with your Post about me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 3:18 PM, Go Solar said:

Would highly recommend Chopsticks in Plaza Bugambilias for great Asian cuisine, both Chinese and Vietnamese, go see Betty & Quy, you'll be glad you did.     

Yes we quite like that one, they just close up a little too early for us most of the time.  

• Like 1

We enjoy Chopsticks and the people who own it but it has a very limited menu.  Choices are few but each day they have a special for the day.  Their homemade ice cream is good and they usually have a cobbler or some other dessert.

• Like 2