Chapala.com Webboard

Spam

I think I got it all.  Was painting this morning and didn't do my usual morning check in.  A very impressive spam attack.  I can't figure out what these people think they gain form this.  one would have to be really stupid to respond to such crudely done crap in any way.

Gringal emailed me just about the time I first sat down to the computer today.  Thank you very much Gringal.

can't reply to anything   asks for my email address (HUH?) plus wants me to say "not a robot      then it says email belong to another person  NOT   can't send PM's to either Mod 2 or Mod 5 either

and yet it just accepted this      ?????????

30 minutes ago, moderator5 said:

Tthey are back at it again. I have been deleting one after another. at the same time as some one else MOD2? is doing the same

Pete i gotta go work out.  Just got two more.  Can you watch this for an hour, please?

9 hours ago, moderator-2 said:

Beginning to think this is some sort of machine generated attack.

Umm, all spam is automated.

Unregistered users can post, or can self-register and post immediately? A CAPTCHA should fix that.

In any case, other users of the same (somewhat dated) forum software will be seeing the same spam, so see what they're doing about it.

LQ

• Like 1

Got a bunch more just now.  I hope everyone understands I can't sit here all day and wait for these SOBs.

Still wondering why anyone goes to this trouble.  They may as well put SPAM in all caps in their title lines, it is so obvious.  No one in this group would be dumb enough to click on this crap so what is the point?

• Like 3