Chapala.com Webboard

Total Play monthly bill as proof of address

My CFE bill is in the landlord’s name. I have Telmex in my name and it’s the only thing I’ve been able to use as proof of address for items such as driver’s license, bank accounts, etc. A lease or bank statements aren't accepted. I’m thinking of switching to Total Play, but don’t want to lose the benefit of having a proof of address. Anyone have luck using Total Play monthly bills for proof of address?

We used our TotalPlay bill (in January) as proof of address on a new car registration and insurance, etc. We'll try to parlay those addressed documents (plus RFC, CURP) to open a bank account in a bit, but there's no particular rush on it.

Be very careful that the name on your TotalPlay invoice matches your passport / residency documents exactly. I had to hack my TotalPlay PDFs because their online sign-up form had required a completed apellido materno field, which I had fudged a year earlier. TotalPlay couldn't change it, for apparently no good reason.

LQ

• Like 1

I couldn't get my Total Play name corrected either. They reversed my middle and last name. Some, or a lot, of software, sets your account name as your account.. umm... thingie (insert imaginary correct technical term). Necessary because to cancel it, they have to cancel your entire account and bring it in again. It might be that way for TotalPlay since we all seem to run into the same problem.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, InChapala1 said:

My CFE bill is in the landlord’s name. .......... Anyone have luck using Total Play monthly bills for proof of address?

Absolutely is accepted by all.  Have used it for DL renewal, INE renewal, and when changing local banks ( closing one/opening the other).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ferret said:

It would be so much easier if they just hired a data entry person who wasn't dyslexic.

I think the issue is they have a very thin line of English speakers. We're lucky that they offer as much as they do, but basically, there is one phone message in English, which moves you to the one section of English speakers for basic issues, unless they cut you off because there is no one there. Then all other levels of service don't have English speakers. And it seems like the written instructions for everyone who discovers you speak English is to route you back to that first group of English speakers, even if you ask them not to. Then, most of the time, the call transfer times out and you will be cut off.

But they are all so nice and want to help so much. It's kind of like having puppies charm you to death. But make a report and they will have someone out within a few hours, even on Sunday.

As opposed to Telmex which just wants to tear out your crappy service that doesn't work and they inexplicably won't fix it. Try to make them.

I agree sometimes the phone option can be frustrating. But don't forget.... if you have a TP account you can always sign in and do an on-line chat.... where you can opt for an English speaker. Sometimes their written English isn't the best, but it's never bad enough that you don't understand them

• Thanks 1

How does  one get a monthly bill from TotalPlay? I have been a subscriber since they first arrived but have never received a bill from them. I too pay monthly at OXXO but it sure would be nice to be able to pay on line. So the OXXO receipt is all I have.

23 minutes ago, Alfa said:

How does one get a monthly bill from TotalPlay?

It's here:

https://www.mitotalplay.com.mx/

Log in, choose Ver estado de cuenta, choose Formas de pago, choose a payment method, pay. IMO, Paypal is the painless choice.

I'm notified by email when there's a new bill.

LQ

1 hour ago, Alfa said:

How does  one get a monthly bill from TotalPlay? I have been a subscriber since they first arrived but have never received a bill from them. I too pay monthly at OXXO but it sure would be nice to be able to pay on line. So the OXXO receipt is all I have.

I get an email with a place to view and download. I like to pay cash---- either Oxxo or Intercam---- but I believe it shows other options.