Chapala.com Webboard

IKEA coming to GDL, but not fast enough

So IKEA is opening in Guadalajara, but not soon enough!

They will deliver to some postal codes in Guadalajara, but not Ajijic.  

Does anyone know of a reliable pick-up delivery service (ordering a couch) that would pick up in GDL - location to be determined - and deliver here to Ajijic?

Or are there any others of you out there that want to order from IKEA and know of a delivery service that would pick up at IKEA and deliver direct to Ajijic?

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, I do know that - I am looking to get a sofa earlier than 2024 - LOL.  So my question was to find out if anyone was interested in  getting a delivery together, or I will get delivered to a point in GDL and then asking if someone knows a delivery company that would pick up and bring here to Ajijic.

26 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Ikea is the cheapest of the cheap, there are many better quality furniture available to deliver Ajijic, for example Liverpool...

To each his own, I have owned an IKEA sofa in Canada for over 15 years and still comfortable and wears well....so why not read the post and reply with answer required opposed to your opinion on quality, which wasn't asked for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, artsnob said:

Ikea is the cheapest of the cheap, there are many better quality furniture available to deliver Ajijic, for example Liverpool...

I think you will agree that IKEA offer's good value for price of items and their European flair/ stye apeals to me (just love those Swedish Meatballs)!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WendyMX said:

I actually didn't ask for opinion on my choices -

Nor did I offer one.  Words, phrases, or sentences followed by a ?? usually mean that....a question   Since I've only been in an IKEA once in my life (didn't have one in Victoria before we left in 1998 and I don't think they have one today ) I was simply curious.

19 hours ago, WendyMX said:

Does anyone know of a reliable pick-up delivery service (ordering a couch) that would pick up in GDL - location to be determined - and deliver here to Ajijic?

We paid our handyman to use his pick up and go to GDL to pick up a large item for us .  

13 hours ago, Natasha said:

Nor did I offer one.  Words, phrases, or sentences followed by a ?? usually mean that....a question   Since I've only been in an IKEA once in my life (didn't have one in Victoria before we left in 1998 and I don't think they have one today ) I was simply curious.

Sorry Natasha for my reaction to your question - the ... made me think it was sarcastic.  IKEA has some great furniture and well worth the delivery fees, of course when they open in GDL will make much easier.  They don't have a published time yet on opening, but looking forward to that day.  The furniture is comfortable and the sofa that I want is great as it has washable covers, and with the dry, dusty season will be appreciated.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update.  For anyone who wants anything from IKEA and gets shipped to GDL address.  Ishopnmail in San Antonia have arranged to pick up at their location in GDL and bring here to  Ajijic for a nominal fee.  Great service and thanks Christian at ishopnmail for your help!  

• Like 2