Chapala.com Webboard

Now available locally: CBD oil that is third party tested

Ferret

I have been using NuLeaf Naturals CBD oil for 5 years now but it has become a P.I.T.A. to get it since Alex Peterson no longer picks things up at the border to bring here. I used NuLeaf because it is third party tested. Third party testing means that another lab tests it for quality, purity, concentration... including testing for heavy metals, pesticides, fungus yada, yada, yada. No such labs currently exist in Mexico but do in the U.S. which is where both NuLeaf Naturals and CBDfx have their production facilities. So, for the past month I have been testing CBDfx on both myself and the pet variety (bacon flavoured) on my dogs. We are all just tickety boo and I am happy to tell you where and from whom you can purchase these products. Dr. Gabriel Garcia (whatsapp/cell phone 333-368-1915) is located in the Laguna Mall between the Scandinavian Bakery and Christine's Hair Salon. He is only there Tuesdays and Fridays from 10 until 2  but should be contacted via Whatsapp to order and for further information or to make an appointment (if you need it). He can send you a pdf file of the CBDfx products to which he has access. BTW, I ordered last Wednesday and picked up my order last Friday. 

• Thanks 1

There is a lab in GDL which tests cannabis products and everything else under the sun.

One issue with producing CBD in Mexico is the photoperiod (daylight length). All present cultivars of high CBD > Low THC plants are acclimatized to 17+ hours of daylight to grow. This means having to use artificial lighting to  grow the plants through the vegetation cycle, prior to flower set. The only way, otherwise is to extract CBD (expensive) and then distill it in alcohol which is financially prohibitive. If someone says they have Latin American produced CBD oil - probably not. 

https://cbdfx.com Please be aware that not ALL products on the site are available here. If you are looking for lab results on individual products, please scroll to the bottom of the first page of the site and click on CBDfx Lab Results. Then choose the product that you're interested in and read their detailed report. BTW, this same kind of information is availabe from NuLeaf Naturals which is not available in Mexico. Both companies' products have helped me.

220506N005-002 Certificate of Analysis (cbdfx.com)

• Like 2

Natural plant held CBD (full spectrum) is of a higher quality (in my opinion IMO), than extracted and isolated CBD. Virtually all CBD is derived from hemp. As a researcher I'm a stickler about word use. In the industry the word extraction is used to describe the basic making of an oil containing the naturally existent cannabinoids in the plant material (full spectrum). Some producers further chemically isolate (separate) the cannabinoids. Thus, one can get a product containing only CBD, etc. In my world I describe this extraction process as 'making' oil and the isolation process as extraction. The easiest, safest (IMO) method to make oil is distillation using 96 to 99% ethanal (alcohol). The alcohol is collected and does not remain in the oil made. It can be used over and over. CO2 methods of making oil requires more specialized equipment which exerts pressure. It is of equal quality and as far as I know the liquid CO2 can be re-used. It is slightly dangerous, as there is a possibility of explosion. There are many methods of making oil or removing the trichomes (structures containing cannabinoids) from the plant material.

When in Canada I conducted a breeding trial of 2 cultivars of hemp to produce a stronger ratio of CBD to THC (almost none). Lab testing there was much more reasonably priced than it is here. https://agqlabs.mx/analisis-de-canamo/ (GDL location)

My stepson is licensed to grow Medical Marijuana on Saltspring Island, B.C. He has a very small batch operation and uses alcohol extraction. Because his batches are so small, he finds the pricing ($300.00 Canadian) prohibitive. Thanks so much for the link. Do you know how long they've been doing this particular testing of cannabinoids?

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

My stepson is licensed to grow Medical Marijuana on Saltspring Island, B.C. He has a very small batch operation and uses alcohol extraction. Because his batches are so small, he finds the pricing ($300.00 Canadian) prohibitive. Thanks so much for the link. Do you know how long they've been doing this particular testing of cannabinoids?

I discovered the lab about 18 months ago and they were offering this testing. I wanted to get some of the local red volcanic rock (pumice) tested for heavy metals and minerals but could not justify their price.

I was licensed in BC to grow medicinal for research and for 2 individuals with illness. Prior to that my farm produced commercial 100% naturally grown medicinal cannabis for the first major medicinal dispensary in Canada. This was done within the strictures of 2 registered nonprofits, however it was in the days of pseudo-legality. So far as I know our farm was the first in North America to commercially grow 100% naturally (hyper organic)

I love Saltspring. I resided for a short duration on North Pender. I've traveled by boat all over those waters.

• Like 2