Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a Consignment Store that Boxes Things Up

mjay

Does anyone know if there is a consignment store that comes in and takes what you want to consign with them? I have 6 days to get out of my apartment when I get home in a week following a medical crisis. I'm currently in the States for hospitalization and treatment and will need to fly to Brazil 6 days after getting home next Saturday for recuperation with family before returning to Chapala several months later.

Thanks for any info that might be helpful.

It would not necessarily have to be the consignment store. Putting your consignment (clothes?) in boxes to then take to the store should be as easy as getting/paying someone a fee for a few hours work. Boxes are available. 

Since it sounds like you might be physically unable to do this work, maybe someone can suggest to you a person who could do this for you. It would not take any skills and probably not even a language barrier if you do not speak Spanish but can 'point and gesture. 

Good luck....

Thank you. Great tip!

A lot of it will be furniture and dishes and tons of books. But I do have a great handyman who is well connected locally and some sweet Mexican friends who can recommend people. I was just trying to streamline things since 6 days isn't long to put my life on consignment and in storage when I'm temporarily incapacitated.

But all the tips are great help. Thank you!