Chapala.com Webboard

Shredding

IkoIko

thank you, Ibarra. I met Harry at the recycling center and the process is that the paper is put into a giant dumpster and taken to a shredder. I asked him three times if it was a safe way to get it done because my life would be awful if my identity was stolen and he reassured me it is a safe process. So I put my trust in him and accomplished my task. Weighing the possibility of on line identity theft against the odds of old timey paper identity theft, it seemed like a reasonable risk. 

love this web board. Two issues solved within a couple of days. Thanks all!

• Like 2

A vote for Tingting.  I bought one (on sale) a few years ago in have never regretted it. Just your basic needs model but DOES eat expired credit cards, etc. so that's a plus.  And means any sensitive paper info (bank, gov't, etc) can go in there as soon as not needed.

Yup. Just take your time and have patience. I shred until the machine gets hot then go do something else. It's a painful process when you're shredding two giant green garbage bags full of personal paper but it's SAFE. Plus you can either toss the shreds or work them into your garden where they will decompose.

• Like 1

That's part of my normal routine. But I had to wait X number of years to shred my mum's and hubby's personal no longer applicable docs including 7 years of income tax filings for each of them. It was also recommended by Notario #2 to keep the docs on the sale of the Nayarit property for 7 years. It kinda all happened at once much to my dismay. In addition, the night before I was moving from La Huerta to Riberas, I had sorted various important papers on the dining table that were in a big desk. The skylight blew off in one of those torrential mid May rainstorms and completely soaked everything on the table. Not much was salvageable but everything was highly sensitive and very personal.