Chapala.com Webboard

La Pueblita replacement

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Levy Holdings also the developer of the condo-hotel-commercial building next to the Coco Cola warehouse? That's been under development for 5+ years, though it looks like they might finally finish it in the coming months.

here's a Levy Holdings FB posting from 4+ yrs ago promoting that building: https://www.facebook.com/levyholding/posts/2122689691394571/

La Pueblita was advertised, as I remember , as an aging in place development.  It doesn't seem like this is what it is going to be. There are so many planned apartment buildings and new developments selling lots. If they sell, even to snowbirds, it is going to be extremely congested here. I won't even mention the effect on the infrastructure.

• Like 3

With all the discussion going on about the pros and cons of living at Lakeside, bad inferstrure, water shortage, congestion, lack of public services, etc etc, I would see the many negative observations as signs to "move" on... But where to?or are all this cons perceptions? Is the sky falling in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

We had a good run in Ajijic, 2005-2020. We had often heard that the two primary reasons people moved back NOB were healthcare and grandchildren. Medicare issues kind of force one back to the US at some point. The seemingly out of control development should give people pause. In the last few years it isn't expats but rather Guadalajara (and elsewhere) residents that are scooping up properties. Just look on the chapalamls site and you see ALL of the units in the high-rise in La Floresta are under contract. If there are homes to buy, people will keep coming. Water issues keep cropping up. We had a 50,000 lt ajijibe at our house there. With nothing coming in, even that will go dry.

• Like 1

I moved. The traffic was one of the biggest reasons. I moved to Ajijic in 2001 then Jocotepec. I am now in an area where the summers are extremely hot but, a friendly expat community and no traffic lights and few topes. Plus I will open a nursing home here. It's in the works. 

36 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

I moved. The traffic was one of the biggest reasons. I moved to Ajijic in 2001 then Jocotepec. I am now in an area where the summers are extremely hot but, a friendly expat community and no traffic lights and few topes. Plus I will open a nursing home here. It's in the works. 

Where?

44 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Where?

They have posted many times about living in San Carlos, Sonora.  We lived there too for 9 years.  Beautiful, but too humid for us 3/4 of the year.  Need air-conditioning 3/4 of the year.    90 degrees with 95 percent humidity is not ideal, and, only about 6 days of rain a year.

• Like 2